Dip Powder nails are one of the most durable manicures. The perfect hybrid between gel and acrylic extensions. And applying a quality topcoat can help strengthen and extend the manicure further. But what are the best brands and options on the market?
Here are the topcoats to get!
Best Dip Powder Top Coat
Dip Powder Top Coat Details
- ★ Package Included: 1 Pcs 15ml Top Coat，only for dip powder.
- ★High Quality: Made of high-quality material, environmentally friendly, and non-toxic.
- ★Upgrade Bottle: The bottle is made of ceramic, which is of big volume and low smell.
- ★For Better Nail Effect: Apply the AZUREBEAUTY top coat is the last essential step to make your nails shiny and gorgeous.
- ★Customer Service: Any problem, please contact the seller directly, we offer replace or resend service.
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat Nail Polish
- Leaves nails silky, stronger and resistant to chipping and peeling
- Its patented formula penetrates through the nail lacquer to the base coat forming a single solid coating over the nail plate
- Specially formulated to penetrate through nail lacquer to the base coat forming a single solid coating over the nail plate for a much more durable finish
- Natural and artificial nail applications/extensions such as: gels, fiberglass/silk, and acrylic nails
- Makes nail polish adhere to nails better and last longer, prevents nails from staining or yellowing, helps strengthen nails so they are less likely to break
- Super Quick Dry - Ultra Gloss Shiny Top Coat
- Works with any brand of nail polish or application
How To Use Top Coat With Dip Powder
Applying topcoat is one of the last things you should do for this particular manicure.
The general process for this manicure is as follows:
- Nail prep – cleaning and freeing the nails of dirt and oil. Pushing cuticles back, removing hangnails, and buffing the nail surface.
- Apply bonder – which allows the product to adhere and prevents lifting.
- Apply base coat – one nail at a time, brushing as you would with a regular polish.
- Dip powder – Once you have applied the base coat to a single nail, dip that nail into the powder (or pour over). Repeat for each nail. You may want to dip 1-2 more times depending on the appearance and effect you are looking for.
- Apply top coat – after several minutes, you then apply the topcoat. This will help to dry and harden the product.
Best Practices For Working With Topcoat On Dip Nails
- Less is more; apply a thin layer of topcoat. Too much can lead to uneven surfaces and make them challenging to remove later.
- Wipe your brush after each use; to prevent your topcoat from drying up. The same should be done for your base coat too.
- Keep drafts/air blowing on nails once the dip powder is applied; otherwise, the topcoat can wrinkle when applied.
Getting a good quality topcoat is essential to preserve and get the most out of your dip manicure.
Not only will it seal in the product, but it will also create shine and protect the nails too.
Thankfully, there is a range of affordable products on the market.
The ones listed here, however, will not do your wrong.
For me, AZUREBEAUTY Dip Powder is the Top Coat to get.
Or if you have a little extra in your budget, check out Dipwell.
They sell professional-grade dip nail kits for an amazing price, which includes everything you need in one bundle:
You do not need a special top coat for dip nails, although some naturally work better than others. Regular top coats and gel top coats are better than matte top coats, for instance.
You can put clear top coat over dip nails.
You can use gel top coats over dip nails, although they do tend to result in a glossier finish.
Related articles you may like:
- Best Nail Buffer For Dip Powder [This Is The One To Get]
- Best Nail File For Dip Powder [This Is The One To Get]
- How To Keep Dip Nails From Lifting [Try These 6 Tricks]
- How Long Do Dip Nails Last? [On Average]
Hey – I’m Jemma – a certified nail technician and manicurist with over fifteen years of hands-on industry experience. I created AlmondNails.com to share all that I have learned about the nail industry – from the different types of manicures available, suggestions for wear, recommendations for keeping nails strong and healthy, all the way through to providing the best nail salon tips and practices.