A common question I routinely see being asked is what nail polish is best for Acrylics.
Besides, there are quite a few products and process steps required for an acrylic mani.
Why would you want to ruin it with the polish you decide to apply?
So, I decided to research for the best products currently available.
Here they are:
Best Nail Polish For Acrylic Nails
Nail Polish Details
- Glossy Shine Nail Polish: This glossy nail polish provides flawless coverage and outstanding durability; Includes our exclusive easy-glide brush that fits every nail size for streak-free application
- The Perfect Manicure: We believe in making life colorful for everyone; For a perfect manicure, use apricot cuticle oil, essie base coat, 2 coats of essie polish, and seal with essie top coat
- Iconic and Trendsetting: Choose from our palette of iconic nail enamel shades and trendsetting colors, with limited edition collections, quick dry formulas, lust-worthy longwear hues and nail colors that care
- America's Nail Expert: We inspire a love for the manicure experience with a wit and style that's become the go to for salon professionals, beauty junkies, industry insiders, celebrities and fashion icons
- essie Nail Luxury: For more than 35 years, we've been a color authority and leader in nail luxury, committed to high quality standards with an award-winning line of nail polishes and nail care products
- VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE -- Certified by PETA, Jolie Vegan products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
- 10-FREE -- Jolie Vegan nail polishes are free of 10 top harsh ingredients found in standard nail polishes.
- PINK GLITTER -- This beautiful champagne pink color will have you glistening all day long. This polish will leave a slightly bumpy finish as it does not dry as smooth but with shine all day long. We recommend two coats of our Glitter Top Coat for the most satisfying results. Wear it by itself or paired with a base coat of your choice.
- ENCOURAGING NAIL POLISH NAME -- Each Jolie Vegan nail polish is paired with an inspiring bit of advice or confidence-building expression.
- MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS -- We support organizations that provide people of all ages, genders and races with confidential support.
- Elodie by Zoya can be best described as a bright and fresh warm melon pink creme with a touch of coral.
- An essential summer shade for your color wardrobe. Intensity is 3 (1 equals to sheer, 5 equals to opaque)
- Clean the nail plate with Remove Plus ( Remove ) nail polish remover and nail plate cleaner
What Kind Of Nail Polish Do You Use On Acrylic Nails?
You can apply any type of regular nail polish on Acrylics; they do not need to have any special nail polish. Although, it is possible to apply Shellac.
That being said, it’s essential not to apply gel nail polish products on acrylics. These require curing to set properly.
It is generally accepted that ‘gel-based’ products that do not require curing will work on acrylics.
Does Regular Polish Last On Acrylic Nails?
Regular polish will last on acrylic nails much longer than on natural nails.
This is for two reasons:
The solvent in nail polish is strong enough to solve the surface of acrylic nails and makes them form a strong bond between the nail and the polish. There is no such bond between the natural nail and the polish, thats why the fake nail holds the Polish better than the real one
- The solvent in the nail polish will adhere better to the acrylic. This bond will not be as strong between a natural nail and a product
- Acrylics do not release any natural oils as real nails do. These oils can impact and affect the adhesion of the polish product, resulting in cracking and chipping.
You cant go wrong with regular nail polish on Acrylics.
Further still, you cannot go wrong with the established nail polish brands like essie, OPI and Zoya.
But there are also great options for new and upcoming brands to consider like Jolie who offer a vegan alternative.
Nevertheless, there are plenty of great options on the market.
Your decision will ultimately come down to your favorite color!