When it comes to applying acrylics, little could be more important than the brushes you use. And they need to be able to work well, from the very first use to months later. Besides, you should only need to buy your acrylic nail brushes once.
So let us now take a look at only the very best brushes that are currently available. They’re the highest rated in their category.
Best Acrylic Nail Brush
Acrylic Nail Brush Details
Vantic Kolinsky Acrylic Nail Brush
The Vantic Acrylic Nail Brush is ideal; it will do a lot of the work for you and ensure you master your technique.
This particular brush is very easy to work with, is very comfortable, cleans well, and lasts a long time according to its hundreds of satisfied users.
KADS Kolinsky Acrylic Nail Brush
This KADS brush is another standout favorite. Not only does it look fantastic and comes at a great price, but it’s great to work with too.
Plus it comes with a detachable handle that can be used as a lid for the brush, or to extend the handle.
- Nail brush hair does not fall off easily and can be used for a long time
- No.8 Nail Brush
- Used for sculpting acrylic nails, 100% Kolinsky Sable Nail Brush
- Perfect for professional Nail Salon
- A perfect tool for love makeup lady.
BQAN Kolinsky Acrylic Nail Brush
The BQAN acrylic nail brush is ideal for manicures on the go. The metal cap can help keep the brush protected while in your bag.
You can also use this cap to extend the handle too; giving you more control.
- BQAN nail brushes are MADE OF 100% KOLINSKY SABLE HAIR. The nail art brushes hold liquids and powders perfectly, allowing you to manipulate acrylic balls to a great extent.
- EACH ACRYLIC BRUSHES COMES WITH A CAP. It can protect your brush hair after correct cleaning. And easy to store and carry in everyday use.
- EASY TO HANDLE AND GOOD QUALITY. Kolinsky brush head for acrylic powder, nail extension, and nail carved. etc. Sturdy alloy tube holds the hair firmly, does not split or deform, durable for a long time use.
- CLASSIC NAIL ART BRUSH DESIGN. The classic black pencil with white rhinestones is a perfect nail tool for nail pros or nail beginners, great for professional salons and home DIY nail art.
- Warm Tips: Always clean brush with brush cleaner prior to/ after using and Do Not use Acetone and keep in a dry place as possible. Keep your brushes away from direct sunlight. Dry it as possible with paper towel and give a shape before storing.
What Kind Of Brush Is Best For Acrylic Nails?
The best brushes for acrylic nails are those that have and retain a pointed tip, and are created from real, natural kolinsky sable hair.
Sable hair allows you to collect an appropriate amount of product (by storing in the belly of the brush) and be able to glide on effectively and evenly.
Nylon is considered the next best option, but it is considered inferior to sable according to manicurists.
And if you are wondering what kolinsky sable is. Well, its hair specific to a type of Weasel.
But do not worry; its properly cleansed and is entirely hygienic!
What Is The Best Size Acrylic Brush To Use?
Acrylic brushes come in a range of different sizes, which are commonly seen by a hashtag followed by a number e.g. #8, #10, #12, etc.
The number refers to the diameter of the hair.
The lower the number, the better the product can be applied but the more challenging it is to use for beginners.
Thus, a size 8/10 is ideal for most people.
This is small enough to collect enough product but at the same time cover a good amount of the nail bed.
At the same time, the shape of the brush is important too.
In better brushes the bristles will attach closely and will not deteriorate with prolonged used or cleaning.
A good brush will retain its shape, which should be pointed at the tip. This provides better application to a brush squared or fanned.
Can I Use Any Brush For Acrylic Nails?
You cannot use any brush for acrylic nails; at least if you want to be able to apply the product properly and effectively.
While theoretically you could use any brush, your result will be sub-par and your nails will be vulnerable to lifting and poor adhesion.
There is a reason why there are specific acrylic nail brushes. They have been designed to collect and transfer the product evenly.
Besides, going to the effort to collect hair from a specific type of weasel just goes to show how important the hair type is!
The truth is, a paintbrush just will not do!
How to Ensure Your Acrylic Brushes Last
To ensure your Acrylic nail brushes last and retain their effectiveness, you will need to look after them.
It’s also important that you prepare them properly ahead of use.
You want to spread the hairs to loosen them while also rinsing the brush before use.
Be sure to shape and clean the brush before each use and try to
return it back to its original shape following use.
Also make sure you are not using your fingers on the hairs as this will
add dirt, bacteria, and other contaminants.
To clean your brush, only used liquid monomer. Brush cleaning
products contain harsh chemicals which will quickly and permanently damage brushes.
Ensure your brush is cleaned after each use and ensure the
monomer properly drains before storing.
With the above factors in mind, here are the top picks.
These are the brushes to go for:
Looking for some other top-rated acrylic nail products? My guides below can help!
- Best Acrylic Nail Powder
- Best Acrylic Nail Kits
- Best Nail Polish For Acrylic Nails
- Best Nail Polish For Acrylic Nails
- Best Cuticle Oil For Acrylic Nails
Hey – I’m Jemma – a certified nail technician and manicurist with over fifteen years of hands-on industry experience. I created AlmondNails.com to share all that I have learned about the nail industry – from the different types of manicures available, suggestions for wear, recommendations for keeping nails strong and healthy, all the way through to providing the best nail salon tips and practices.